Sunday, November 6, 2016

PIMP OR PREACH Part8

“Why would I go to church with you when you do the same thing I do and in most cases you do it better than me?” The first statement out of his mouth created such uproar that it took almost 10 minutes to quiet people down and let Payroll finish talking. Once order was established Payroll continues, “Last night you guys were in the Blue Martini ripping the dance floor drinking and getting high right by me.” The more he thinks the saltier he gets and feels the need to keep ripping this thing to pieces. “All I’m saying is it’s a bit confusing. Especially to someone like me who really wants to change but don’t really know how to change. Hell I thought the church was supposed to be my example to get me out of the clubs. But what you showing me is how I can do both club and church. I thought the church is where I’m suppose to go to get free from sin, but instead you teaching me how to sin on the church level.” Payroll can’t seem to let this conversation die. His eyes are now blood shot red as tears begin to flow from them. As he speaks you can feel the pain coming through every word. He finds himself making a public announcement and boy they didn’t know how to take it. “Heck if you gone do church then do church! Most of you folks in here are no deeper than a half pint of gin.” Payroll is so heated that he’s talking much louder and much longer then even he anticipated. The forum gets larger as people are rushing in to see what all the commotion is about. Payroll is not moved by the crowd of people he gets louder as he continues to make his point. “One more thing while I got your attention. What’s with all the jumping and shouting and tearing up stuff, ripping your clothes off, swinging on people and smacking folks? It’s wild up in here, and who’s the tall guy in the choir? The one that everybody runs from when he gets ready to do whatever he does. And don’t be looking at me all silly eyed like you don’t know what I’m talking about. This brother is like a wild animal having a fit. Swinging his arms everywhere and then all of a sudden he gets real stiff like a board and then you have to carry him out. And why is it that when the women start shouting those men ushers be grabbing them around their breast? It looks like a wrestling match too physical for my young eyes to see. And who’s the hefa that only falls out and shout when my daddy is around? I’m not kidding; you don’t think people notice this crap but we do. Only when he’s around she decides she have to faint in his arms. If I had been close enough she would have gotten slapped. I wanted to go over there and snatch her cheap looking wig piece off.” The tension in the room is crazy; one of the leaders is now trying to get Payroll to calm down and tells him that he’s out of line. Payroll looks at him disgusted and keeps talking. “I may not have a clear understanding about church. But I know enough to know that something is wrong with this picture. And if this is what you call church I might as well stay on the outside of it.” Payroll quickly realizes he’s at a point of no return and this just might be his last time in here so he decides to go all the way with it.

(TO BE CONTINUED DAILY) 

No comments:

Post a Comment